Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whats inside a 2.4GHz WiFi bi directional amplifier? Can I build one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBcourt

A co-worker and I from time to time build things together. And this time we want to build a wifi Amplifier, but don’t know what it will take to build one. My friend does have some electronics back ground, I do not. We both work as machinist and have access to CNC’s (to make the Amp housing) and sheet metal forming equipment like brake forms, things like that.
Where can I find the schematics for building one? Or can someone please tell me what the major components of a RF Amplifier would be in the 2.4GHz range would be?

This question has been asked dozens of times before and the answer is normally not well received.

While yes, you "could" make one, you probably can't/shouldn't. It's not a trivial thing to do. It's very complex, would be expensive and would take a long time.

You're far better off buying a commercial WiFi router and using it as a repeater. Something you can throw OpenWRT or DD-Wrt on to would be a plus. Go ahead and make a custom case for it, that's still something you could enjoy doing.

LTX71CM,
Thank you for the info. I will look into constructing something ealse like a solar powered cell phone charger that always aims at the point of most intense light (solar tracking) using a Arduino IC, photoresistors, servos and a nice Aluminum frame.
Do you know anything about that setup LTX71CM?

Last edited:
If I may jump in here, I may have a circuit for the sun-tracking part of the cell phone charger. It can be found on .
If you want a somewhat simpler schematic, you could go to **broken link removed**.
I hope this helps!
Der Strom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back