Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's a 'TUMP' anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Genuine question, I didn't know, never heard the term before - but I saw one today (seen it load's of times, but never knew it was called that).

No cheating using google!.

Genuine question, I didn't know, never heard the term before - but I saw one today (seen it load's of times, but never knew it was called that).

No cheating using google!.

Best guess would a very short tree S..tump.?

I get multiple definition from Google, Nigel PM me with what your intended definition is?
I lose but I'd still like to know while people are guessing =)

I assume it's the type of "b*rrow" that only appears in the UK? That should narrow down your search for what a TUMP is.

Last edited:
In this case, it was "Bailey's Tump" - a mound.

It's recently been restored as an historic site, as it was used during WWII as a searchlight and anti-aircraft site - as one of Sheffields 'outer defences', apparently they did actually shoot one German plane down.

According to the sign on the site, it's called Bailey's Tump because it was Bailey's field, and the tump was formed by the spoil left over from the construction of the Derwent Agueduct in 1900 - which carried water from the derwent dams to the city of Leicester.

If you google "Baileys Tump" you don't get much information, but you do get lots of video clips of it's official opening after 'restoration'.

Perhaps 'tump', in this case, comes from 'hump'?.

Perhaps 'tump', in this case, comes from 'hump'?.

Knowing Yorkshire folk it could be " ah tha goin darn t' ump"....:D

I thought it might have been Donald pronouncing his name after too many cocktails... :)

Hi I am Donald Tump... Hic'

Last edited:
We got dumps!
Referring to landfills and crappy houses too!

We also have bad roads that make tump, tump, tump, sound as you drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back