Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what you will do if you get 5000$

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would spend $4900 on booze, loose women and betting on horses.

The remaining $100 I would waste on something trivial.

JimB

$5k? - that's not much of a dream there - these kind of questions are usually based around getting hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

$5000 is not such a bad number to work with. Its far more practical and realistic for someone to attain than $100's of thousands or millions for that matter.

But for me I already have the $5000 and then some so I am planning to travel around the world for a few weeks this winter if time and other things allow for it this year.

Otherwise its just going toward building a new house next year.:)

5k? Probably stick it in the bank, money market, IRA, etc.

Move past the trappings of wanting money, needing money, finding money, getting money; earn what you need to keep the lights on, the water flowing, a roof over your head, food for the table and clothing - and put the rest in savings.

Pay off your debt ASAP. Debt is the chain of a slaver - break the bonds. Credit cards are one of the worst things on the planet (until you have enough money to use them properly - but that takes some savings, plus a way to make an investment return that beats the interest rate of the credit card; good luck with that).

Put your money into things that have a potential return, rather than depreciate, if you can.

Best way to live, though, IMHO, is to be "Dave Ramsey Debt Free" (tm) - pay off everything except the mortgage, and if you can pay that off, do so. Put the rest into savings (after paying bills, of course). Buy everything you can used, especially automobiles. Learn how to "fix it yourself" and remain self-sufficient.

5k won't get you that far nowadays, anyway...

I would spend $4900 on booze, loose women and betting on horses.

The remaining $100 I would waste on something trivial.

JimB

LOL. I would do the same. I need jocks too...not horseriders...underpants would suit me well.

All my underpants have holes in. And not a woman in sight to select new ones for me.

Cheers and have fun Guys

$5K would be 1/2 the price of the new tractor I'm getting next month, I'm getting it for a real good price and it is easily worth double what I'm paying. Can't really complain we got $4,950 back on tax this year and the money is going to the new shed I'm building so Marg's my wife can get her Herb business up and going and I'll have a new electronics area too....

Cheers Bryan

....Marg's my wife can get her Herb business up and going.....
Cheers Bryan
Herbs? I once made an herb garden for my wife who begged for one. She never attended to it and it became overgrown with weeds! Even the mushrooms weren't edible. Now she buys herbs at the dollar store in small cannisters.

Throw a Bachelor party for my friends with some crazy strippers...
Hire two strippers per every guy at the party lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back