Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What would happen when I close this switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

axro

What would happen if I close the switch on the left?

test-jpg.32139

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 228
Nothing, maybe if one wire had more resistance than the other the current would follow the path of least resistance

Nothing, maybe if one wire had more resistance than the other the current would follow the path of least resistance

Thats what I thought but the program gives me a "Matrix Error" Must be programming error or something.

Now what would happen(in real life) if the switch on the left were connected to another identical 5Volt batter?

What about a 9v?

Last edited:
Now you are talking about computer simulation problems.

Just an artifact of how the program is computing things. Division by zero, too quick rate of change for compution step size, etc. are some examples why a simulation program aborts a run.

A good deal of electronic engineers time is spend debugging simulation programs to find out why it is aborting run.

Sometimes just puting in a small value resistor or small capacitor somewhere in the circuit fixes it.

MOSFET circuits are notorious for having simulation difficulties.

Last edited:
In theory you would get 25 Ma going down each leg of the split in the circuit.

In theory you would get 25 Ma going down each leg of the split in the circuit.

Like a river splitting its current to flow around an island, then coming back together. Or so I was taught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back