Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What/where do you go to find new electronic "stuff"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm good, tv.

Just turned 66 Thursday and don't feel but a day older... :woot:

It does, however, sure feel like time is speeding up a bit. Ridiculous, of course, but nonetheless that's how it feels.

What spider bite??

CBB

It does, however, sure feel like time is speeding up a bit. Ridiculous, of course, but nonetheless that's how it feels.
That is true.. I'm just above 30 and I think time is speeding up. When I was a kid a weekend was a holiday..

RichD:
There is a link on this forum to a whole bunch of sites that sell electronics stuff. Someone here might be able to point you to it or just take a quick look at the main topics.

tvtech:
Uhm. How are you these days Bob?

Since the Spider bite I slurr a little bit more than normal

Regards,

tvtech

You got bit, by what kind of spider?

LG:
We should all thank Noah for putting two of each transistor, IC, diode, LED, resistor, inductor, and capacitor on his famous Ark or we would not have a hobby today :)

RichD:
There is a link on this forum to a whole bunch of sites that sell electronics stuff. Someone here might be able to point you to it or just take a quick look at the main topics.

tvtech:

LG:
We should all thank Noah for putting two of each transistor, IC, diode, LED, resistor, inductor, and capacitor on his famous Ark or we would not have a hobby today :)

LOL Mr Al :)

Great chirp :D

Regards,
tvtech

RichD:

tvtech:

LG:
I sometimes wish he had left the tantilums to swim for it :D.
And lucky he knew the difference between NPN and PNP or that could of messed up H bridges and my project for sure!

I sometimes wish he had left the tantilums to swim for it :D.
And lucky he knew the difference between NPN and PNP or that could of messed up H bridges and my project for sure!

Hi LG

Tants as much as I dislike them are misunderstood....have done a bit reading lately and they are very reliable if used in the correct application.

1. Not made to replace Electrolytic's in smoothing applications. The ripple current kills them.
2. Designed as a large capacity Electrolytic in a small package that does not dry out. If used correctly.
3. Timing applications ( I knew that one).
4. Extensively used in Military Electronics because of their reliability... makes sense too because the folks designing the equipment know the
Tant limitations and only use them where they perform the best. Tants have a bad rep because they are not properly understood.

A huge eye opener for me. I have been running them down for years because I only had bad experiences with them.....well I have learned too.

Some CRT TV's a while back used a little Tant in an area where it was supposed to give added smoothing to the Frame Stage...

Standard procedure was remove the Tant and put in an Electrolytic of equal value...problem solved.

So, once again, something really good gets a crappy reputation because it is not understood.

Regards,
tvtech

And i thought tants could be used same manner as normal lytics, only that tants don't dry out....

LOL Mr Al :) Great chirp :D Regards, tvtech

But you didn't reply to my whole post, read again about the Spider bite.
What kind of spider?

[problems with this site today]

Last edited:
But you didn't reply to my whole post, read again about the Spider bite.
What kind of spider?

[problems with this site today]

Hi Mr Al

Apparently something as innocent as a Jumping Spider pictured here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_spider

Lots here where I live.......

When my whole face was sore and I had bumps coming out all over my face ... and constant headaches.. I finally consulted a Doctor.

He took one look at me and said you have been bitten by a Black Jumping spider( many species and types). Incredulously he analyzed this way too quickly for me. Amazed I asked how he knew???

Doctor says " My Wife got bitten by one and she ended up in Hospital".

Enough said. As it is I am petrified of Spiders.....never mind one sitting on my face when I am sleeping and biting me :eek:

Anyway Mr Al, you wanted to know. Now you have the answer. Sweet dreams :nailbiting:

Evil tvech here LOL

:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

Last edited:
That's it, i'm not sleeping tonight :D just kidding, i had recently about 5mm diameter sore at my cheek, that my cheek got swelled badly enought so i had to eat soup, and it around two weeks to recover.
so i'm not that much concerned about spidies :D To be honest, i've never got bitten by bee, so i don't know what cind of reaction i get from those....

LOL Fez

Are there Spiders in Finland??

Probably not. Too cold there. Speaking as a new Spider "expert" here :p

Stay well Pal

All the best,
tvtech

Believe or not, there ARE spiders here, suprisingly big too, biggest can reach length of around 7-8cm, and those beauties are every summer, hence the name ''shore spider'' Their bite/sting equals to bee's sting, at least in toxic/strength. Never got bitten of one, so can't tell if it's true :D....But, I've seen those spiders, every summer at least one, and shore is pretty close, about 10m from house...

Fez...listen carefully now..if you hear "soft knocking" against an outside door...that means a spider wants to come inside.

Probably a lost Spider. Needs a bit of warmth and a cuddle. Those are the most reliable ones...

And tvtech has to absolutely thank Ian and Nigel and Matt and Jim for letting this one just be a nice thread that reminds me of the really good times we had here.

ETO still rocks. Absolutely nothing wrong with humor as long as we stay focused on Technical accuracy :)

All the best Guys,
tvtech

Fez.. you are the star of the show :)

Love you man :cool:

May ETO forever be at your side. You are exactly what ETO needs to bring us all back to fun and happy times. And all.

Stay well Fez,
tvtech

Hi Mr Al

Apparently something as innocent as a Jumping Spider pictured here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_spider

Lots here where I live.......

When my whole face was sore and I had bumps coming out all over my face ... and constant headaches.. I finally consulted a Doctor.

He took one look at me and said you have been bitten by a Black Jumping spider( many species and types). Incredulously he analyzed this way too quickly for me. Amazed I asked how he knew???

Doctor says " My Wife got bitten by one and she ended up in Hospital".

Enough said. As it is I am petrified of Spiders.....never mind one sitting on my face when I am sleeping and biting me :eek:

Anyway Mr Al, you wanted to know. Now you have the answer. Sweet dreams :nailbiting:

Evil tvech here LOL

:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

Hi again,

Wow, sorry to hear about that. I know they can be nasty if they have the venom. What i dont like is you never really know for sure which ones have it and which ones dont and how toxic it might be if they do have it, unless you look up a lot of spider types and study them a little.
Most people dont like them, and wasps can be a pain too. We get some big wasps around here and some really big bees. Some strange spiders too, i hope not too many this year but once it gets warm out they come out too, and stay around until winter hits. I hate all of them.

Anyway, i hope you can recover fully in time. Maybe the doc can give you some advice and meds that might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back