Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What web page editor do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to use emacs. It was so long ago that I've forgotten everything. Early 80's, I think...

I doubt it's changed much, just added support for more. . .um. . .everything (as it tends to do).

I've been using it since 1994-5 and I still haven't used most of what it can do, and over the years I've consistently used it for editing code and sometimes as my MUA, NNTP client, terminal client, FTP client, language interpreter (a short dalliance with Elisp), coffee maker, hedge trimmer. . .:)

Every so often I check out one of the X clients but mostly I use it on the terminal. I'm just addicted to the code editing modes (smart indent, electric braces, etc)

I used to joke about its demands on the system but since scripting languages, code bloat, and panel widgets using 47MB+ have become common, it doesn't look so bad anymore.

Torben

Last edited:
I may be going off on a tangent here but whilst there are plenty of good suggestions here over editors - I am guessing that they are "good" because they make you more productive, but thats really it.

I would be looking into other tools that make sites attractive and appealing.

I must admit i went very low tec on my editor (notepad) but when it came to presentation I purchased some colo(u)r wheel software.

Take a look at the following:-

[ws] Color Scheme Generator 2

Really cool! it really "switched on" my first web pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back