Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What to expect on a basic electonics test for emolyment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikrochip59

Prospective employer has informed me that there will be a "Basic Electronics Test" as a part of screening for employment selection. Already have a certificate in electronics, but that was 20 years ago- way before A+ and even microprocessors were a part of the courseware.

The company builds and services dot matrix and laser high speed stand alone printers for inscribing lot numbers and born on dates for manufacturers. I have seen the equipment. Not much to it; a power supply, 3 to 4 fuses, a couple of boards, ink nozzle on the matrix printer, and a laser tube w/ armature with mirrors to calibrate the beam on target for the laser product.
I'm already told there will be no work at the componant level, however I will be using a meter to T-shoot for board swapping and sub-assembleys.
Has anybody seen one of these test's? I sure would like to know what they look like.

mikrochip59 said:
Has anybody seen one of these test's? I sure would like to know what they look like.

I would have thought the test will be specific to that company, so seeing other companies tests probably wouldn't help.

A friend of mine has recently got a new job, working with and repairing UPS systems - as part of his test he was asked to draw a bridge rectifer!.

mine was to draw out a PI loop for a current-control as well as draw out rotor-stator arrangement for a 4-6 SR machine.

But it quite specific to the job you are applying to. I would not expect to be ask abt RS442 at that interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back