Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What to do with unused pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan

I am using a LM339 comparator in a PWM circuit. I am only using 2 of the available 4 comparators on the chip. Should I tie tjhe other pins to ground or just leave as is.

tie the +pins to +rail and the - pins to- rail . This forces the output pins open circuit and ensures that unused outputs dont flap about and generate nasty spikes.

Also if this is a surface mount chip on a PCB tie the inputs via resitors (if it is a devel board and space isn't as important). You never know when a spare comparator might come in handy and it is a pain lifting legs and soldering onto them

just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back