Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What Sort of Button is This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIDALAP

Hi,

Initially I thought it was a simple silicone keypad, but after seeing a video of the unit, I'm a bit confused. What sort of button is behind such a click?

I THINK there's backlighting on the unit, so that has to fit in somehow as well.

Nah, that's for the pilots. You could tell, because the speaker went into detail to describe which side is up.

Nah, that's for the pilots. You could tell, because the speaker went into detail to describe which side is up.
That was funny, true and funny.

Ron

Industrial buttons are normally expensive...
And since these are part of an avionics assembly (an FMS, specifically), take "normally expensive" and multiply it by a factor of ten or more.

That is a fully custom keyboard, so normal catalog keyboard switches do not apply. The soft function buttons on the left of the screen sound like tac switches. The main keyboard switches have a deeper tone, maybe because they are attached to a larger pc board. Another but less likely is that it is a silicone keypad with a synthetic click sound and mechanical thump as feedback.

ak

If these buttons are on sale
That video is scary! Hope it's not a training video for aircraft mechanics. :)
So it wasnt just me!

So not off the shelf type button, the question is, any idea what type button it is likely to be? There is a distinct click which doesn't sound like a dome switch which.

I doubt it's a synthetic sound.

I have an older decca mechanical nav display that has pushbuttons on the front and long extensions rods behind that go to standard V3 microswitches.
Much like what ian said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back