Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What show Most inspired or infuenced you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcmtech

Banned
Most Helpful Member
I had an interesting conversation the other day with an associate of mine.
We got on the subject of TV shows and movies that we felt rated high in our lives.

For me I had some all time favorites, These are the ones I did my best to never miss!
Macgyver, Dr Who, All of the Star Trek series, The Red Green Show, Modern marvels, Extreme Machines, Nova, Robot chicken, Wren & Stimpy, Home time, Monty python (Both the skits and the movies), Stargate SG1, Farscape, Lexx, The invisable man.
There are also countless movies too!

So anyone want to share their favorites list and why you liked them?

The Red Green Show
Haha! A classic CBC show.

I hardly watch TV anymore as my Wife has taken that over with her crime drama's, but about a year ago, staying up with the baby for many nights I found you could watch Family Guy straight from 7PM to about 3 in the morning, straight through without a break, on one station or another.

Had my formidable years in the 80's which includes creative shows coupled with really bad fashion style. I had a mullet in high school complete with the 'boz striped sidewalls.

Knight Rider
A-team
Sledge Hammer
Anything Arnold in the 80's was cool (commando, terminator, predator)

I like any movies where Earth humans (that's important now) get their asses kicked on a collective scale by some other intelligence (aliens, AI, robots, etc.). And Stargate SG1 where alien humans get their asses kicked, but Earth humans seem to kick a lot more ass than they really should, because other than that it's pretty believable and plays well into the suspension of disbelief.

My favorite was "The Many Lives of Dobie Gillis":D

In the 50's, I could hardly wait for Mr. Wizard, hosted by Don Herbert. I don't recall if there was anything good on the other channel.

Lets see,To add to the growing list, I remember Airwolf, Wizkids, and for some reason MASH were among the common shows I watched.

I like any movies where Earth humans (that's important now) get their asses kicked on a collective scale by some other intelligence (aliens, AI, robots, etc.). And Stargate SG1 where alien humans get their asses kicked, but Earth humans seem to kick a lot more ass than they really should, because other than that it's pretty believable and plays well into the suspension of disbelief.

Love the new picture dknguyen. You are beautiful... would you like to have dinner sometime? :rolleyes:

Outer limits, Star Trek, My favorite Martian.

Cartoons, underdog, rocky and bullwinkle, Mr. Peabody.

Movies, The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951), H.G. Wells " War of the Worlds"1953 War of the Worlds.

What can you expect we only had 3 channels.

After that you find something else to do.

kv

Wow!
Your bringing back some great child hood memories! :p :)

I didn't even know I had any great childhood memories!:eek: :D

Kinda sad TV shows are the only good thing I can recall from growing up. especially since we only had 4 channels to watch. ABC, NBC, CBS, and PPT:(

Rooster Cogburn and True Grit. John Wayne.

Why, by God, girl, that's a Colt's Dragoon! You're no bigger than a corn nubbin, what're you doing with all this pistol?

Growing up, the British TV program "Tomorrow's World" was one that I rarely missed, along with "Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World".

Any program involving Sir David Attenborough, as host/commentator, is well worth a watch in my opinion.

And for entertainment value, anything showing 'tech' (used loosely in some examples :) ) stuff:
Terminator films
Stargate
The A Team
Macgyver
Scrapheap Challenge (Junkyard Wars)
BBC Click
Top Gear

Most of my favorites have already been mentioned, but we had one local (in Massachusetts) tv show called the Wicky Wacky Cloud Club. They often had a guest that was sort of a Mr Wizard wannabe.
His science tricks weren't near as good as the original, but it was something to watch when nothing else was on..

I watched a 1931 film last night entitled Champ. It featured a young Jackie Cooper and I thought it was a good movie. Acting was somewhat bad aside from Jackie, but story line and Cooper sustained the movie.

**broken link removed**

That kid could act...

Last edited:
In the 50's, I could hardly wait for Mr. Wizard, hosted by Don Herbert. I don't recall if there was anything good on the other channel.
Don't forget Professor Wonderful, Julius Sumner Miller !! He was far more animated than Mr. Wizard could ever hope to be!

**broken link removed**

What was the one with the british guy that always said, Science!
they use him saying that on several songs. Goofy guy, rather silly if I remember right.

King of the hill. Still popular around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back