Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what kind of wire can i use on an iec connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
**broken link removed**

Is this kind of cable suitable for wiring the iec to my 200va 230v transformer ? If not could u tell me where i could get some in the uk

Last edited:
The cable you linked to is 27 amp cable. Then you mention 230 volts 200 volt amps which is less than 2 amps? This makes no sense that I can see. Why are you linking to 27 amp cable for a 200 volt amp transformer? As to an IEC type connector you do not mention which one? You also do not mention IEC inlet of outlet, not that it matters. I suggest you start by reading this link and note the current ratings. I am sure some of the connectors will look very familiar to you. You certainly do not need 27 amp cable for any IEC connector type. You are talking about a few amps.

<EDIT> Diver was quick.... :) </EDIT>

Ron

Last edited:
Is this kind of cable suitable for wiring the iec to my 200va 230v transformer ?
Definitely not!

That wire is intended for 12/24v systems in cars etc.
The insulation will not be rated for 240v.

Use some 6amp mains cable.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back