Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of encoding is this pulse train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triode

I'm trying to figure out the remote code for this fireplace. It has a 315MHz transmitter. This is the pulse code sent to the data pin of the 315MHz radio transmitter module, not the radio signal out.

The module looks a lot like one of these that you can get for a few dollars

r/AskElectronics - What kind of encoding is this? Taken from a remote control for a fireplace
The signal consists of 4 bursts. This is the code it sends for "off". The smallest pulses are ~412 us long. So I take the baud rate to be about 2400. Each group contains about 67 positive pulses. There is no long reset pulse like you see on 1-wire. Each group starts with a long 3 count pulse of around 1220 us.

r/AskElectronics - What kind of encoding is this? Taken from a remote control for a fireplace
Close up, the pulses are likely in the 3.3V standard. As you can see they are in multiples of ~410 us,

Ideally I want to figure out the standard so I can capture the commands and send them from my own device so I can tie them into my home automation system.

(I am not sure that all 315MHz OOK-ASK transmitters play together, but that's another topic)

I figure this isn't dangerous (since in my web searches for an answer I see people getting that rebuke) I am not messing with the gas or ignition control. I am just sending it on, off, higher and lower signals. All the safety rated stuff is still in control of the flames and blower.

The fireplace maker sells a hub but it's $250. I figure I'll try and make my own. I was hoping I could capture and retransmit it simply by using an inverted UART (im working with an ESP32-WROOM, so it can set uart to inverted) but it looks like it'll be a little more complicated than that.

It's a proflame brand remote, kingsman is the model.

And info on this code, if it is a common standard, and how to capture or produce it from an arduino coded device would be great. I'm putting it on an ESP32. It looks a lot like the pulses I've seen on TV remotes and those cheap RC helicopters. But I don't know what it's called.

Supplimental; is there an existing arduino library to just capture and store pulse codes like this for playback? If I make a hub of my own I'd like to give it a "learn" capability. If not I suppose I can write one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back