What kind of capacitor is this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
Somebody possibly knows is that maybe polystyrene capacitor? It is LCC brand, later Thomson. This is just a scan of markings, it is quite big (about 26(L)x10(W)x20(H)mm), white with blue markings.

TIA!

Thanks, very useful links!
Maybe you didn't understand: I don't need a replacement, I already have that capacitors! I need it for measuring instrument - LC/ESR meter. I don't quite understand the principles of how it works, but that capacitor is in the path of R/ESR signal toward PIC MCU, so it should be very stable (temperature, very low ESR, very low leakage etc). I use now WIMA FKP-1 (polypropylene) high-voltage (2kV) capacitor, but I'm in a doubt does it work well.
Here is a link to that meter - it is in Hungarian, but you can see schematic - maybe you can figure something out... We are talking about C8-33nF capacitor!
<Hungarian LCM3 meter>
If I may ask: maybe you understand (from the schematic) the basic principle of this instrument - if so, can you tell me what is purpose of tantalum capacitor that goes from pin#15 of PIC toward GND? There are two identical tantalum on schematic (it is not critical value - those can go from some 4,7 to 10μF), but the question is: can I use different values, e.g. 4,7μF for the first and 10μF for the second? I don't speak Hungarian btw.

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…