Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of capacitor is this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
Somebody possibly knows is that maybe polystyrene capacitor? It is LCC brand, later Thomson. This is just a scan of markings, it is quite big (about 26(L)x10(W)x20(H)mm), white with blue markings.

TIA!

Yes, it could be! But I'm still unsure. That "PS" on the beginning is what bothering me...

Thanks, anyway!

Thanks, very useful links!
Maybe you didn't understand: I don't need a replacement, I already have that capacitors! I need it for measuring instrument - LC/ESR meter. I don't quite understand the principles of how it works, but that capacitor is in the path of R/ESR signal toward PIC MCU, so it should be very stable (temperature, very low ESR, very low leakage etc). I use now WIMA FKP-1 (polypropylene) high-voltage (2kV) capacitor, but I'm in a doubt does it work well.
Here is a link to that meter - it is in Hungarian, but you can see schematic - maybe you can figure something out... We are talking about C8-33nF capacitor!
<Hungarian LCM3 meter>
If I may ask: maybe you understand (from the schematic) the basic principle of this instrument - if so, can you tell me what is purpose of tantalum capacitor that goes from pin#15 of PIC toward GND? There are two identical tantalum on schematic (it is not critical value - those can go from some 4,7 to 10μF), but the question is: can I use different values, e.g. 4,7μF for the first and 10μF for the second? I don't speak Hungarian btw.

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back