Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is your room temperature at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIntoshCZ

The heating season is approaching. At what temperature do you heat at home? We prefer, 24 degrees Celsius at least. I read an article stating that most households heat to 18 to 22 degrees Celsius. That would freeze my nose =)

I have mine set to 18'C, that's what I find to be a comfortable "shirtsleeve" climate.
I think i have no T-shirts with sleeve, but when temperature is lower than 23C my nose starts to freeze. Thats my only sensitive body part so far

Last edited:
Depends on the weather; by which I mean wet or dry.

If it dry, which can also be the case when there has been a hard frost, 17-18° is good.

But if it is wet, even when the ambient outside is 15° or so, the thermostat has to go upto 19-21°.

Moist air conducts heat away from your body much faster. Its (part of) why we sweat.

It's 10AM here and just checked, 28°C in my apartment but we are in summer. In the UK I had a convertible and my rule was roof down if above 16°C - here in Aus I also have a convertible but roof stays up unless between 22 and 28°C. Seems I have acclimatized.

Mike.

Here in the Colonies where we still use English units (go figure), we octogenarians with thin skins keep the daytime winter temperature about 70°F (21°C).

14C in the living room atm here in the uk at 9:32 gmt. At this time of year its the crossover period (not yet fully winter) so we don't have the heating on yet, outside is 11C & upstairs is 15.5C. When we do have the heating on the stat is set to 18C, most times the heating is only on to take the chill off in the mornings and we use a woodburner in the evenings. Some may say this is frugal but a few woollies save an awful lot of energy!

Growing up in the UK, waking up in the morning, the room temp was approximately what ever it was outside!
NO central Heating, Not odd to see frost on the inside of the window!o_O

I think it hardened me for later in life.;)
Same here - nothing quite like the feeling your toes were burning when they they hit the warm water of the bath in winter :eek:

14C in the lounge again today, having just returned from walking several miles across the windy fields for lunch I can confirm those who live in 20C+ have a lifestyle problem and perhaps need a visit from the frigid Greta ;)

:) Okok I stupidly did not say I lived here in the UK and the outside temperature (in still air) was about 8C. I confess my comments don't apply in the same way if you live in the tropics, perhaps a matter of how much air-con is to much. I think my point is in modern times peeps have gotten greedy with energy and waste it needlessly.

It is the beginning of winter here in Canada. The furnace is set to 22 degrees C during the day and 20 degrees C during the night.

It might take hours for the temperature of my home to drop down to 20 degrees C at night for the furnace to turn back on in winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back