Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is your position in hitech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngIntoHW

Hi :)

It'd be nice to know what positions are filled by forum members here who work in hitech.

I filled a position of SW and HW development and moving to a validation position.

Hope to see your comments here.

I'm in hardware design engineering. Previously, I was in Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) design.

Last edited:
I tried working in HiTech but it was too dark in there. Then he reached through the monitor and slapped me a good one.

(In real life I'm a programmer, mostly in web-related technology these days. Electronics is mostly a hobby for me.)

Cheers,

Torben

Software developer here, currently working for a local web application (LAMP) development company; electronics, robotics, homebrew virtual reality, etc - all hobbies...

Hi :)

It'd be nice to know what positions are filled by forum members here who work in hitech.

QUOTE]
I would have hought that another good question is, where did everyone get their "handle" from, what does it mean... and the same for everyones Avatar

"Brownout" is a condition I usually experience when I plug in my projects for the first time.

And I don't have an avatar because, well, they're just silly :)

In the higher technology realm I tend to work in the higher power end of things more specifically toward the commercial and industrial level stuff. For me the typical semiconductors I work around have ratings in the 100's of amps at hundreds of volts! :D

As far as my screen name its part of my business name 'TCM Tech Service'. :)

My avatar picture tends to change up from time to time but for now I have a picture of my boiler stack billowing out a thick cloud of black smoke as it works its way through burning up an old truck tire, some railroad ties, and I think I also had a few old plastic computer monitor bodies in there as well.:D
As for why I have chosen it for now the billowing black smoke picture is sort of my less subtle way of giving the finger to the tree hugging envirotwits and ecotard politicians who think we have any measurable level of influence on the planets climate and that their efforts to change things is futile. I have many reasons to believe the man made climate change stuff is crap and that if we are able to change the climate then I am strongly in favor of the effects that the predictions show having a warmer planet could bring. :)

So if I am single handedly canceling out the efforts of several hundred enviro nutters with near zero additional work on my part how much more are the rest of the people who feel like me canceling out? :D

My avatar picture tends to change up from time to time but for now I have a picture of my boiler stack billowing out a thick cloud of black smoke as it works its way through burning up an old truck tire, some railroad ties, and I think I also had a few old plastic computer monitor bodies in there as well.:D
:D

Lol...I always thought that it was a picture of the twin towers burning...although the fire was probibly as hot.

Last edited:
"And I don't have an avatar because, well, they're just silly :)

Oh come on...loosen up, avatars say al lot about someone, and they are usually pretty cool. I admit, I admire people who acxtually use pictures of themselves...takes guts.
I use the one that I use because Torben refused to pose naked for mine.

I agree, I was pressured in to it :D

YOU were pressured into it!!!!???...ok, heres the million dollar question...what the hell does it mean????
AlVol is still my favorite avatar, because I did what the kid is doing in the pic.

Last edited:
YOU were pressured into it!!!!???...ok, heres the million dollar question...what the hell does it mean????
AlVol is still my favorite avatar, because I did what the kid is doing in the pic.

As I'm a 3rd Dan instructor in Ju Jitsu, it's the kanji for Jitsu (which means art or technique).

I work as a Unix/database admin on IBM mainframes, our latest machine at work has 192 cores and 512GB of ram :D.

I did electronics in the USAF twenty years ago and now just recently got back into it as a hobby.

My avatar doesn't really mean anything, I was watching Loony tunes with my kids and thought slowpoke Rodriquez was funny.

It's great to see each one's experience here.

I wonder, does anyone here have any experience with validating chips' functionality?

Yes, I've done chip validation. When we get first articles from the fab, I and others would set up the chips for operation and vaildate they work ( or not )

I work in the assembly and test operations of the Babcock and Wilcox corporation at the Nuclear Operations Group Euclid (Cleveland), Ohio, USA. We provide nuclear control rod drive mechanisms to the US Nuclear Powered Navy (Naval Reactors). Additionally besides the normal US Navy systems I am involved with the development and testing of the M-Power Project which is a modular mini nuclear reactor design plan. I enjoy my work and the company in general. Currently at 60 I plan retirement in a few years.

The avatar is something I created and is a head stamp of a high powered rifle cartridge with a row of cartridges in an overlay image. I enjoy the shooting sports and high power rifle shooting. Gunsmith work is a hobby.

Ron

My handle originated on /. (Slashdot) - I was a long-time poster on there (and on Fark); one day, it just seemed pointless, that the users over time seemed to grow less intelligent (I remember one thread where for a couple of pages two neuroscientists were arguing/discussing some article - that was fascinating and intelligent commentary - sadly, it was a rare treat). I got tired of it, and stopped posting. The same thing happenned on Fark (over time, it seemed like every thread devolved into either an anti-abortion/pro-choice rant, anti-gun/pro-gun rant, or christian/atheist rant - with the exact same arguments every time, and hardly anything new to add or think about - tarded all around).

My avatar: That's a picture of me standing in front of an old building, drink in-hand, in the near-ghost town of Bumblebee, Arizona - in 2003-04. My wife and I were driving through on the road to Crown King in my 2WD Ranger pickup checking out abandoned mines and ghost towns along the way (the bar in Cleator is awesome, btw). We were going to try to make it all the way to Congress, but the road got waaay too rough about a mile or so past Crown King, so we turned back to ask a local if we were on the right trail. The guy at the general store in Crown King told us we were, but that the trail hadn't been graded in a couple of years (so much for our tax dollars), and 4WD was the only way to really make it. He told us if we had gotten stuck, nobody would've found us for over 2 weeks, likely. A few months later, I bought my Bronco, but I have yet to get it in the shop for the repair it needs for off-road use (so much has gotten in the way these past six years - I'm hopin' that I can swing it this winter)...

...sigh...

Yes, I've done chip validation. When we get first articles from the fab, I and others would set up the chips for operation and vaildate they work ( or not )

I wonder, what were these chips meant to do?

Were you just burning firmware into the chips (in case they didn't arrive pre-programmed), powered them up and checked their functionality (like LEDs blinking, data being transmitted, buttons functioning, etc).

Was any kind of test software involved, which you needed to read its logs to look for any errors?

Thank you for sharing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back