Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

surjo_dm

Hi guys,
can anybody give me some info regarding the pic? well, the one in the right is an IR LED and there is also a ceramic capacitor but can anyone give me some info regarding the IR Receiver in the left with a black patch on its rectangular body?
thanks,
Surya :)

Attachments

• chat.jpg
    chat.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,664
Also possible: this is a homebrew IrDa device or only receiver and trnsmitter.(another side of PCB invisible)

well thank u for the info. It is from SHARP but i was not successful in getting its datasheet. Its product number GP1U26R series. can anybody give me a link to get some info?
Thanks,
Surya

The capacitor seems to be for power supply decoupling. But I am not sure since I don't know where it is connected. Do you have the circuit diagram with you?

kinjalgp said:
The capacitor seems to be for power supply decoupling. But I am not sure since I don't know where it is connected. Do you have the circuit diagram with you?

Chances are that yes it is decoupling. When a capacitor is placed that close to the pins.
I'm looking at the datasheet for a PNA4602M (an infrared detector module) and that has....
if you were counting the pins left to right signal out, Gnd and Vcc. This is not the same part but the placement of the capacitor would suggest it is possibly close in function and pin out. The sharp datasheet says it may need a capacitor depending on the operating enviroment
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back