Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this programmer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2005

I got this serial pic programmer (don't ask how) but it doesn't seem to function well. My main problem is that I don't know what kind of programmers it is. It needs an extrnal power supply and the cd that was with it had icprog as a software needed to burn the program.

I got to the icprog website and compared it to the supported serial programmers (JDM and fluffy2) and it is different from them.

Anyway I tried burning a sample program into it and icprog didn't accept it as a fluffy but it worked normally when told it is a JDM. But ofcourse at the end of the burning process it says : verify failed at address 0000h

The main parts on the PCB are:
regulators: 78L05 - LM78L12ACZ
transistors: C550B - BC557
ICs: 74LS07 - MAX232N

I was told that this programmer will support most pics up to 40pin including 16F877A (it do have a seating for those).

Any help is very aprecciated cause I need this up and running asap.
THANS :D

sorry but I don't have the schematics and I don't have a camera at the moment.

I did a little experiment, I ignored the error message and I put the pic in a circuit and it worked. So is that a problem with the sofware (icprog) or the programmer. And I noticed that there are multiple versions of the software (A,B,C,D) at the website so I am wondering what is the difference??

And also what should I put the delay value and what is the "windows API" option for if I read that I should use direct and install driver in xp.

One last side question: my sample program was a blinking led. But I noticed the time of blinks and the time between two blinks is not the same Why?

False Alarm
After furthur testing it appeared that the test program was not burned at all. The test program was blinking a led and it appeared that all ports are blinking randomly anyways.
so any ideas..

thanks for replying akg...

yes it gives the error i mentioned in the first post after it finishes the verification process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back