Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodturner550

I believe it is a resistor 75K OHM Tol.02%. Have found nothing to cross reference it with or datasheet for it. I recieved it in a lot of mixed up electronic components, so no help there.

Thanks for your time and knowledge. Has me baffled.

Woodturner550

Attachments

• What is it.JPG
    What is it.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 187
Do you have a DVM to measure the resistance between the two leads?

Ken

They read 74.9K, they measure 1/8th thick and 5/16 square made of something like bakelite (not plastic when scrapped witha knife on the edge).

Any idea why they are square and what they would have been used for?

woodturner550

Yes, I believe that is the jewel! Now since there is not an exact match what do I figure the working voltage and would be. What would they need a resistor at that precision for? What is its best use for. You know I don't work with anything that accurate.

Thanks for the help.

woodturner550

I am thinking these are probably used in medical or aviation, I could be wrong but I don't see where else at that cost.

Mike

Last edited:
voltage dividers..gain setting resistors...?

ken

Last edited:
OK! Used to be that was the best way to do that, now we have better ways...Op amp ect.

See, Even I can learn at this old age!

woodturner550

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back