Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pjgiraffe

Hi, got a connector that I need to buy a partner for, but don’t know what it is. Can anyone help me?
596D70C6-926F-4A6D-9F31-AACC8B021EBF.jpeg

Show an end profile please.

One of the first things to identify is pitch. The second is number of contacts. Not sure if it's 2 or 4.

Not sure if the terminals are square?

Best way to do pitch is to take a picture and show a ruler in the picture perpendicular to the pins.

or some known object like a drill bit.

It looks like you've measured the 3mm from outside to outside of the pins. If so, then you need to measure middle to middle, of outside to inside. It looks like it's 2.5mm or (more likely) 2.54mm (0.1 inch). As requested, an end on picture will be more useful.

Mike.

Looking at the first picture, the left hand edge of the left pin appears to coincide with 12mm, the right pin, 14mm. That gives a pitch of 2mm. Can you find anything similar on this page?

Mike.

JST and Molex are the two major connector manufacturer, especially the small stuff. Then you have TE connectivity who gobbles up everyone else.

Have a look at Molex 51005-2P or 51005-0200

The very thin section and "winged" profile reminded me of some five way ones we used for something last year & I've just dug out the type number to find the two way equivalent.

I'd advise getting ones with wires fitted, as if you get the separate housing you have to also buy the crimp inserts. We got 100 just to make up two connectors with only two wires in each..

It looks like the two pin version is commonly used in models and they are readily available with pre-fitted wires, from such as Amazon and drone parts suppliers.

Another example, with dimensions:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back