Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this called

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory

I have a UniMig welder 250 singel phase welder.
There is a problem with the circuit board.
There Is a part I do not know what it is or where I can get one. Can you help me If I can get a supplier then I get in contact with them and get it shipped to me.

I will post photoes.

Attachments

• 0BA666DF-9A34-40EA-8D2A-63A3165C4064.jpeg
    0BA666DF-9A34-40EA-8D2A-63A3165C4064.jpeg
    875 KB · Views: 164
  • 71353171-F125-4184-BCB2-2F2B26CA607D.jpeg
    71353171-F125-4184-BCB2-2F2B26CA607D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 160
  • E5352181-DA82-46CA-B502-497F3D08D9F8.jpeg
    E5352181-DA82-46CA-B502-497F3D08D9F8.jpeg
    772.9 KB · Views: 166
That's a transformer. Maybe someone else can help you with more detailed info.

Googling the label, I came up with this:
**broken link removed**

But I have no idea what that currency is. You might have better luck finding something more local.

I would meter that before buying a new one. The burning on the PCB in front of it probably caused the burn marks.

Mike.

In the first picture it looks like the wire has melted where it comes out of the winding about one third of the way up from the bottom pin. This does not make sense as there is no pin for it to connect to. I think the company that made the welder will be the only source. But I suspect they will only supply the complete board as a spare part.

Edit. after posting this message I noticed Greory's post #4. If two pins are missing it would explain the melted end of wire.

Les.

That's a transformer. Maybe someone else can help you with more detailed info.

Googling the label, I came up with this:
**broken link removed**

But I have no idea what that currency is. You might have better luck finding something more local.

I went on the sight but I can not understand the language.
I hope that some wone can supply me with this item who speaks English
So near but so far
Thank you

So near but so far
Thank you

Keep searching using information that appears on the labels in subsequent searches. The link I sent you showed that it was from a company called Hangsing.

Google translate might be use to you here, you can translate the whole page.
I have a imported mig weld set, it has several ferrite transformers, it looks like they parallel them to get high enough current.

I use to repair circuit boards, one thing you need to consider, did something on the circuit board kill the transformer or has the transformer killed other parts on the circuit board. You need to inspect every part on the board then test all the ICs, transistors, diodes, mosfets, and other parts that could be fried inside without showing signs of self destruction on the outside. Check all the capacitors. Inspect resistors for cracks. Sometimes resistors cook on the bottom side where they touches the circuit board. I would never buy a new part for an old board until I know the board is good.

Gregory that's a ferrite transformer which is basically gaurnateed to be custom wound so I say manufacturer/distributor is best contact for replacement:)

So near but so far
Thank you

Gregory UniMig brand distributors/service centers located in predominately English language countries should be able to help you:)!

That is a problem as they will not release a part for the board.
If you can find a UniMig shop that will sell the part for a 250 Uni Mig could you let me know.
Photo of the welder.
And a photo of the transformer If you can help me out.
Thank,you
Greg

Attachments

• 9D900FED-52B7-4393-A2E2-54BA70C9BC15.jpeg
    9D900FED-52B7-4393-A2E2-54BA70C9BC15.jpeg
    699.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 4F38F07D-7EC1-414C-A609-A6B16FC3BB5C.jpeg
    4F38F07D-7EC1-414C-A609-A6B16FC3BB5C.jpeg
    886.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
That is a problem as they will not release a part for the board.
Gregory sry for that:(! That's symptom of _disposable society_! It's just easier for them to sell entire board or product than parts or heaven forbid train/hire REAL technicians instead of just card swappers:rolleyes:!

So anyhow I agree! Easiest solution is finding same model welder sold low as parts! So I'm thinking Ebay and like that might help:)?

I use to repair circuit boards, one thing you need to consider, did something on the circuit board kill the transformer or has the transformer killed other parts on the circuit board. You need to inspect every part on the board then test all the ICs, transistors, diodes, mosfets, and other parts that could be fried inside without showing signs of self destruction on the outside. Check all the capacitors. Inspect resistors for cracks. Sometimes resistors cook on the bottom side where they touches the circuit board. I would never buy a new part for an old board until I know the board is good.
This is what I think caused the problem.
K75T60

Attachments

• B9B15A44-740D-4E00-B901-379479F5BC5F.jpeg
    B9B15A44-740D-4E00-B901-379479F5BC5F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
  • 8827CAFB-2647-468D-9511-7E16C6D5C20F.jpeg
    8827CAFB-2647-468D-9511-7E16C6D5C20F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 127
Very few companies support "untrained" users doing component level maintenance on a high-power circuit. At best they will sell you a replacement board, but don't count on it. ebay often has boards salvaged from all kinds of equipment, so you might get lucky there. I've repaired my Panasonic TV twice with working boards pulled from units with bad displays.

There is an obviously dead resistor in front of the transformer. Are you sure the transformer has failed? Not all pin positions have to be populated.

ak

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back