Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the safety for ink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the MSDS for the specific product you are interested in. If it is your invention, check the MSDS for similar products.

John

MSDS = material safety data sheet

[MOCKING_MODE]Erase the paper? Maybe if you take it to CERN they can turn it into a black hole for you? :)[/MOCKING_MODE]

On a serious note, if you want to erase the ink on the paper... why? If you want to reuse the paper, buy some more it's not expensive. If you want others to be unable to read it, use a shredder. Or burn it if you're really paranoid.

Ironically Njguy's half-hearted suggestion of using a bucket of white paint wouldn't work anyway. The paint could just be carefully chipped and peeled away to reveal the ink underneath.

Last edited:
Get another piece of paper. :rolleyes:

Rumor has it the price per sheet has been dropping drastically now for a few hundred years! I paid less than a 1/2 cent per sheet last time I bought some. ;)

If you cant afford a second piece of paper you certainly cant afford to erase whats on one already. :(

If you need to completely get rid of a sheet of paper fire has been rumored to work very well. Its low tech and free! :D

Ironically Njguy's half-hearted suggestion of using a bucket of white paint wouldn't work anyway. The paint could just be carefully chipped and peeled away to reveal the ink underneath.

That's true I didn't think of that. Rub off the ink with sandpaper instead.

Last edited:
giftiger_wunsch said:
if you want to erase the ink on the paper... why? If you want to reuse the paper, buy some more it's not expensive. If you want others to be unable to read it, use a shredder. Or burn it if you're really paranoid.

Did that not answer your question?

anyone know if there is a machine to erase printer paper?
Yes. It is a computer. You fix the typos before you print it. LOL! Sorry couldn't resist.
You could print onto a transparency type sheet that could be wiped clean with a solvent such as water which would dissolve the ink.
Njguy said:
Bucket of white paint
Then you could just hold the sheet up to a very bright light.

Most paints wouldn't allow light to penetrate them, except maybe in very thin layers. Many paints are very opaque though. Still, the paint could simply be carefully removed once it had dried. In fact, folding the sheet of paper would probably cause the paint to crack and separate from the paper.

Of course I just realised that I'm thinking of the type of paint you would use on walls, kchriste's workaround is probably more suitable for water-soluble paints and paints which are actually designed to be used on paper and similar materials ;)

Any thoughts on my electrolysis idea? Use a solvent in which the ink is capable of dissolving, and applying a current through the solution would encourage further dissolution and attraction towards the anode/cathode and away from the paper :D

I got it, Time machine then slap yourself in the face before you hit print.

Didn't they used to have typewriters that were capable of lifting the letters if you made a mistake, before they fully dried? I thought they did.

Last edited:
You could try subtly swapping a document for a sheet of blank paper in an office? Just make sure it's not the piece of paper you used to print your ransom demands onto.

Invisible ink printed on transparency paper? Who's going to know if you actually erased it or not? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back