Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the name of this connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

What is the name of the little 1x1 female block headers on the right of the image? They are really handy, and I would like to purchase some, but I cannot figure out their name!

Thanks!

**broken link removed**

Try Digikey part number 609-2342-ND. I believe it's called a rectangular crimp housing connector ( or something like that ).

Futurlec has them too... Headers

I usually buy the 20-pin version and then cut it to the size I need. You end up sacrificing one when you make a cut, but its still alittle cheaper.

Hmm...Futurlec has some great prices on the housings (I may order some). But, unfortunately, they don't have the singles as the OP was asking for.

They're hard to find. If anyone can locate a site which cells those specific type of connect I'd be interested myself. Just don't want to look it up right now.

They're hard to find. If anyone can locate a site which cells those specific type of connect I'd be interested myself. Just don't want to look it up right now.

609-2342-ND at Digikey. $0.74 each, if I remember correctly. A bit pricey, but I've never found them anywhere else.

25pcs or more they're only 35cents ea. But they don't include the crimp connectors =O
What's a matching crimp pin for that?

haha, thanks I looked dead at that and didn't realize what it was.

Thanks for the responses. :)

But wow... those are not cheap. I couldn't find them on ebay, so no hopes of getting them cheaper. I guess i will have to do what jrz126 does and cut them out of a longer unit, even though it won't look as neat and tidy. Oh well, it'll get the job done :)

Thanks!

They're not common Marks, not too many people use them. They are handy though cause you can use them to tap and single .1" header you want anywhere on a board. The surface mount movement is flooding the world but you'll still find .1" headers everywhere, aside from electrically they're mechanically just about the perfect size for connectors. Being roughly squared they can even substitute as wire wrap pins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back