Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the fastest IR reciever

Status
Not open for further replies.
bloody-orc said:
cable is no option and IrDa is far to expencive for me (4 times as much as a good pic)
IrDA is a hardware and software specification for IR data transfer. Comparing the price to a PIC makes no sence. An IrDA transciever which is all you would need costs about $2. It should be less than your full component count with your 555 and supporting passive and IR LED and phototransistor.

Your only limiting factor is that it would be difficult to impossible to write a control for the supporting protocol in interpreted BASIC.

ok where you live it may cost $2 but here the price is $10
and as i know communicating serial(RX,TX)with this little fellow requires also a chip(another $10) and i have to buy all things two so all in together $40( this is how much i make inn 2 moths(pocketmoney)) but still i search some more info about them in my country and maybe i'l even find some older laptops i could crash and take IrDa from there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back