what is the cheapest and smallest way to make SPDT Digital switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mafak

I want to build a circuit to turn on LED1 on first click , LED2 on second , OFF on third , and i need to make it as small as possible , what do you think is the best way to do it , i thought i could find a tact switch that would do the job for me , but i couldn't because there is no such thing or am a newbie .
Help please

You need a state machine with one input (momentary switch). It has two outputs (LEDs). It has three states, off, Led1, Led2, off, ...

It will take at least two flip-flops (or their equivalent) to build it. You could use some CMOS logic...

Thanks for your reply Mike , i tried google to get more info about how to use a flipflop ,cmos ,and finite-state machine , but i couldn't get anything useful ,
can you explain more ? any similar circuits that i could grasp the concept from ?

Thanks

a 555 timer with its output pin 3 connected to a one-shot configured transistor to delay the second led, such that led 1 goes high then with the delay @ the transistor, led2 joins and become high too. untill the 555 goes low and every thing goes low. that will be: 1 0-1 1-0 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…