Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is supposed to do "Save on delta" function of an oscilloscope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Nichols

Some days ago I read about a function that some or all oscilloscopes have that is called "Save on delta". I have been searching on Google but I cannot find much information about it.

What is supposed to do this functionality?
Do all oscilloscopes have it?

I've never seen it, at least by that name.

I suspect it's an alternative name for a one-shot trigger, that freezes the display once the trigger event is detected.
"Delta" is commonly used to mean rate-of-change, so it may be slope detection rather than just level detection triggering.

Took a while to find this:

A “save-on-delta” type of test compares
the actual waveform against a high and
low limit
. The limits are set as toler-
ances compared to a reference wave-
form. If the acquired data passes out-
side the limits, the digitizer can take an
action (beep, GPIB SRQ, etc.).

From Page 15 of this publication. (My emphasis)

As for this:
... Do all oscilloscopes have it?
Yes, in a manner of speaking, but not with that name.

Most scopes can be programmed (or adjusted) to trigger a "scan" when a waveform being tested reaches, for example, a pre-set voltage level (a "high or low limit").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back