Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is Raspberry Pi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth86

Raspberry Pi is like small computer, . Raspberry pi can communicate with pc application via TCP/IP. that receive command from pc via Internet. it mean we can control any device via Raspberry

what can we do with Raspberry Pi.?
can we control robot via Raspberry Pi?

Fly a plane? Control a pizza oven? Select your lottery numbers? Hammer in nails? Add to landfill?
can we control robot via Raspberry Pi?
Why not get your robot to control the Pi?

Mine is running as a media center XMBC on my tele...

computer +internet ------ Internet +raspberry Pi ( robot)
I want to control robot via internet
1)can i see robot (like ccTv camera )
2) can I guide ( go , stop)
suggest me some other task what Can I do with robot

Depending on your robot, control via the Internet could be tricky because of the unknown signal delays which the Internet imposes.

features
broad com chip
arm 11 processor
this come without display
internet port
operating system

raspberry Pi is device which use broaddcom controller chip
what is use of broadcom chip in development board ?
how does web server create ?

Silly post so deleted.

I need to catch up with the rest of World :)

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
I must be the only 13 year old kid that hates the pi and its associates, yes you can do loads with them, but for me they take away a level of control and thought. You might as well just use a pc and a usb cable to some board or other, yes not a popular vew but I prefer MCU's and bare pcb's waiting to be turned into life.
As for a web controlled robot, the world is your oyster, pick a mcu with a built in mac and phy or get an external one. Adding web capability to a project doesnt need a pi, there are even pics with all the goodies built in and a free stack.

It depends on what level you can program it. If you can write Linux drivers and programs to interface with other controllers the possibilities are endless.
Code examples for a DAQ system using https://www.comedi.org/
https://flic.kr/s/aHsjCwNwsM
https://github.com/nsaspook/daq_gert

It's a very complex device at the hardware level. To write code that can handle direct I/O like a micro-controller is not a simple task because the Linux OS abstraction gets in the way at the user level but there are lots of add-ons for I/O that use standard interfaces like the Gertboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back