Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is parasitic resistance / capacitance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabbie

Hi, need some help in finding out what is this exactly.

when i was actually designing a PCB board, someone told me that the tracks of a circuit shouldn't be too close(0.5mm apart). And this has something to do with parasitic resistance / capacitance. But i have no idea what it is.

I already searched using google but i can't find any definition on it? Can someone please explain what is parasitic resistance / capacitance and how does it actually occur?

thanks alot in advance

A capacitor is two conductors seperated by an insulator - which is EXACTLY what two nearby PCB tracks are. This is only likely to be a problem under certain circumstances, and normally only at very high frequencies.

As you haven't mentioned what your circuit is?, I can't suggest if it might be a concern - but unless it's a high frequency RF circuit, it's very unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back