Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is going wrong - or have I attacked somebody unintentionally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to remind everyone that EM was good enough to create tabs in chat which allow multiple sessions. Feel free to use tabs other then lobby if you want to get technical, teach, or just shoot the breeze with a few others when the lobby is crowded.

I chatted with ya last night Boncuk, anyways, Reload and I agreed, you buy the first round :)

Hi Mike,

OK, no problem with me. That'll be good for the first day.

For the second day I suggest we make it combat drinking (aka pressure refueling). :)

How it works?

Very easy! The two out of three falling off their chairs first will share the cost for all. :D

Is that fair enough? :p

Cheers

Hans

Hi Mike,

OK, no problem with me. That'll be good for the first day.

For the second day I suggest we make it combat drinking (aka pressure refueling). :)

How it works?

Very easy! The two out of three falling off their chairs first will share the cost for all. :D

Is that fair enough? :p

Cheers

Hans

hmmm careful chaps i smell a trap ;) :D:D

hmmm careful chaps i smell a trap ;) :D:D

Welcome in the trap.

No problem with chairs here.

Accomodation will be a problem with more than 2 visitors unless there is a special agreement. :(

Everyone having fallen asleep in bed will be leaned against a wall to get room for the next one to sleep. :D

Shouldn't be a problem for clothes. Wall paint is on latex base. :)

Cheers

Hans

Last edited:
3v0, the tabs don't work, you can only ever be in any ONE channel, you can't observe or partake in multiple channels. This is an inherent flaw of the chat software, that more than likley can't be fixed and probably shouldn't there are already better chat solutions out there.

Last edited:
3v0, the tabs don't work, you can only ever be in any ONE channel, you can't observe or partake in multiple channels. This is an inherent flaw of the chat software, that more than likley can't be fixed and probably shouldn't there are already better chat solutions out there.

The chat works fine when used for the intended purposes. The tabs are supposed to link you to a private channel where you can discuss something with another member without disturbing, or being disturbed by, other conversations. When used for that purpose, the tabs work great. It is much easier than opening private channels in the old chat! :D

DerStrom, speak for yourself, I can keep track of at least 2 conversations, sometimes three if it's not complicated, over at least 10 channels of observation. The IRC heralded this realm in YEARS ago. The chat here just isn't up to par with current IRC sophistication.

DerStrom, speak for yourself, I can keep track of at least 2 conversations, sometimes three if it's not complicated, over at least 10 channels of observation. The IRC heralded this realm in YEARS ago. The chat here just isn't up to par with current IRC sophistication.

I was speaking for myself, and obviously I was speaking about the intentions for the tabs. If EM wanted to allow several conversations to happen at once, he would have made it work that way. If you have a problem with how it's set up, you don't need to log in. Nobody's forcing you to come onto chat. It's your choice whether to use it or not.

With all due respect,
Der Strom

If EM wanted to allow several conversations to happen at once, he would have made it work that way.
Thankfully this is not the case. EM, didn't program the chat, or anything related to it. He just slapped the code chunks together.

I know the current systems and the one's I've used previously, they're not adaptable.

This is a criminal shame.

Thankfully this is not the case. EM, didn't program the chat, or anything related to it. He just slapped the code chunks together.

I know the current systems and the one's I've used previously, they're not adaptable.

This is a criminal shame.

Scead, do you honestly think that EM doesn't know how to put a chat together? If he wanted to set it up the way you suggested, I have no doubt he'd be able to program it to do so. Your lack of faith disturbs me....

Der Strom

P.S. Sorry for the SW quote :D

And this was such a fun thread, I was getting a free drink out of the deal, and a corner to sleep standing up in :) Party poopers...

And this was such a fun thread, I was getting a free drink out of the deal, and a corner to sleep standing up in :) Party poopers...

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I realized during my last post that we were getting way off topic. It's my fault for running with Scead's complaint.

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I realized during my last post that we were getting way off topic. It's my fault for running with Scead's complaint.

It's all good, I was trying to lighten the moment :)

chat works great! free drinks are great! sleeping standing up is an aquired taste! PARTY PARTY PARTY!! :D ithe tabs are good for splitting off from the main conversation and are generaly used when someone is being helped etc. i would think in most cases no one (except scead of course) would want to be listening into another conversation. so when we meeting round Han's place??

chat works great! free drinks are great! sleeping standing up is an aquired taste! PARTY PARTY PARTY!! :D ithe tabs are good for splitting off from the main conversation and are generaly used when someone is being helped etc. i would think in most cases no one (except scead of course) would want to be listening into another conversation. so when we meeting round Han's place??

Hi ghostman11,

there are some members who remind on political parties in Germany: Their signature must be something like: "Even if we agree we disagree with everything the ruling parties are planning." :eek:

Meeting at my place shouldn't be any problem.

I can get enough packs of rice straw that make fine beds - and there is plenty of room in the house (partially equipped with windows and doors). Rice straw is a lot softer than wheat straw. :)

If the house's room won't suffice we might alternatively use the desk type roof with a total area of 250 square meters. (Bamboo ladder is available - hammered together by my wife). :D

Just tell me in time when you intend to drop in to leave enough time to order a truck full of beer. :D

Cheers

Boncuk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back