Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is "checksum"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really depends on the data. Checksums are included if there is a chance that the data may get corrupted. What kind of data are you using that has a checksum?

Mike.

no idea! it's just an assembly program
i wanted to know what it is because i'm having some bugs and i've had trouble before with the oscal, so i thought that this too might have a crucial part in the functionning of my program

You're still giving no real clue as to what you're asking, based on your original post it gave the impression that you were referring to the checksum in the HEX file, used during programming of the chip. It in no way affects the program, it isn't even part of it - just a check between programmer and PC.

Once you've programmed the chip, do a verify on it - if it's verifies OK, then it's loaded correctly. Any bugs are almost certainly ones you've written in the program, it would be VERY rare for incorrect loading to create a bug, and not give an error.

yes yes, now i know
i thought, before coming here, that it might have something to do with the program
that's it

i approched it like OSCAL, because OSCAL is modifiable from the programmer (software)

before knowing what OSCAL is, i thought that the problem (in an earlier project) was from my code (timing issues)

Thanks for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back