Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a Cyrstal Microphone and Cyrstal Speaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone Electro

What is a Cyrstal Microphone and Cyrstal Speaker?

Whats the difrences betwen normal Microphones and Speakers?

I know for some this is a dumb qestion? :?

no question is dumb! from what i research yesterday i found that a crystal mic converts vibrations into a output voltage this is good because it removes the scratchyess(sp?) problem that is caused by the carbon composite material rubbing together in condensor mics. Since the crystal is solid there is no distortion noise cause by materials rubbing together.

This is what i gained from my reading but its not the whole story im sure. Research it a little to get a good feel for it. I stoped when i found that it was old technology and not needed

hi,
we're doing this in physics now, so i'm trying to explain you:
I've scanned an image for you to make it easier to explain.
the crystal is between the 2 metal plates. When you start talking, the plates were pressed to each other, and because of that, you can measure a voltage between them (the crystal is 'flatened'). As you can see, on the right side of the picture, the upper side is '+' because there are two crystal parts '-' (+/- goes to each other, while +/+ (and -/-) pushes off.) of course, a crystal mic doesn't really work with one single crystal, but theoretically it could, but you can't amplify one e-.
a crystal speaker works paralell, with the difference that you put voltage on it.
i know its very bad formulated, but i hope it could help you, and i'm sure in a few weeks i know more, perhaps you write me and i'm trying to help you on.
if this wasn't enough, search for 'piezoeffect' @ google.
cya, sankt-seibel

Attachments

• piezo3.jpg
    piezo3.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 331
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back