Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is a amplifier for???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooby

i am not to sur what a amplifier does

what i think it does:
amplifyes the sound waves of the object it is used on

can u tell me what it rilly does :?: :?: :?: :)

An amplefier makes some sort of singal stronger.

Your probobly thinking about an audio amplefier.This is the most comon amplefyer used,evry radio has one,You have an audio amp before you (the PC speakers) evryting containg a speaker needs an amplefier to drive it.

There are also other typed of amps.Like radio amps to bost comecial radio stations,and in radio recivers to make it more sensetive.They are also used to bost singals on long wires.Like there are amps evry so often for cable TV.

and amp is evryting that makes an signal stronger.

From a technical point of view, an amplifier raises an amplitude of the signal for the price of some signal-screwup or distortion because the amplifier isn't perfect.

Oh yea i forgot to mentchon disortion.

You can make an simple amp whith only one transistor.If you want more gain you have to stack more trssistors togeter or use an op amp IC.

Is this for school?

mstechca said:
From a technical point of view, an amplifier raises an amplitude of the signal for the price of some signal-screwup or distortion because the amplifier isn't perfect.
A properly designed amplifier uses excessive gain and negative feedback to result in distortion so low it can't be heard and hardly measured.
Properly designed amplifiers have been "perfect" for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back