Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What has happened to Mike (Pommie)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gayan Soyza

Actually I was thinking what has happend to Mike no longer I see him.But today I saw a banned under his name.

He is one of best software writers I have seen around the world.He has helped many people to their "code" stuff including myself learned many things from him.

He is a disciplinary man in this forum.He is a must to this forum.What made him to be banned?

Last edited:
Actually I was thinking what has happend to Mike no longer I see him.But today I saw a banned under his name.

He is one of best software writers I have seen around the world.He has helped many people to their "code" stuff including myself learned many things from him.

He is a disciplinary man in this forum.He is a must to this forum.What made him to be banned?

hi Gayan,
Sadly he has been banned for speaking his mind after being provoked during a recent thread with a moderator.

It seems to happen to all the more qualified and highly experienced members.

IIRC there was:
Cadstarsucks an excellent source of knowledge on AVR's etc
Luigerman, new his physics subjects
Pomme aka Mike, a keen and helpful guy who is great with programming problems.

The provocation was tried with me about a week ago regarding fuzzy images, but kept my cool and didn't become offensive,
as was expected of me, so that it would justify a banning.

If this post ever see's the light of day, I expect I'll be banned for speaking out.

Regards.

Last edited:

He threw a paddy, deleted everything he could, and left the forums.

I banned him after he had already left, for his actions in trashing as many threads here as he could.

He threw a paddy, deleted everything he could, and left the forums.

I banned him after he had already left, for his actions in trashing as many threads here as he could.

This is Mike.

I am using a friend’s account to post this. Please don’t ban him.

Firstly, maybe you can explain how I left the forum? Email, PM, post - how?
I did decide that I was spending too much time on here and I should take a bit of a break and so did not log on for the last week.

As for trashing threads, I did not trash any threads. I simply deleted the attachments I had uploaded. This was done as a protest at the lack of edit facilities and I see that has now been partially addressed. I have for some time wanted to update the GLCD code that I wrote and couldn't because of the new edit limit. The same limit caused me to post two threads with my code tidy utility and even those threads ended up with multiple versions of the same code. It was a complete mess. I thought that deleting them (whilst I still could) would be the best thing to do and maybe make the owners and moderators see how strongly I felt about this situation.

I feel I have made valuable contributions to this board and should be trusted to update threads that I have contributed too. Especially where I have spent many hours writing code and posting it here in an attempt to help and add value to this board.

Anyway, that's my 2 bytes worth.

Mike.

hi,
Nice to hear your side of the story..:)

Regards
Eric

There are two sides, obviously. I hope a review confirms that the damage was not intended as damage per se but rather to remove misleading attachments.

I share the opinion that Mike's contributions have been among the most valuable on the forum.

John

I can't imagine Pommie doing anything to damage this forum! Mike was one of the better posters on this board. With out him, this forum won't be near as good, as with him... (my 2 cents)

As for your provocations Eric, I'm curious who that was, I can sort of remember that thread, but... this isn't really important, I just don't like the way some people here use their 'power' when another person disagrees with them...

I've heard enough.

I believe that Pommie did have full rights to remove the attachments, whether he was angry or not. It was also too harsh to ban Pommie, at the time of deletion there were no rules that said you couldn't. Therefore Pommie's ban has been lifted and he is welcome to come back any time.

However, this has validated my decision to make posts (including attachments) un-editable after a certain time. It is now set in stone that editing posts will not be allowed after the specified time. I think I clearly state good reasons in the following post:

**broken link removed**

I do believe that the cutoff time is the key here so I will be revising it to maybe 1 week.

I am also locking this thread and others relating to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back