Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What happens in knowledge transfer in expert system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is artificial intelligence+soft computing(nn and fuzzy and genetic algo) course. I am not sure if this fits here or not. But I think it might so here you go.
My book(which is highly unreliable and you should not trust anything written in this book, I use this as a table of contents type to google and study those topics by myself.
But problem arises here as I found these topics nowhere in internet.

My book says-:

Knowledge transfer is the practical problem of transferring knowledge from one part of organization to another. Knowledge transfer seeks to organize, create, capture or distribute knowledge and ensure its availability for future users.

First question is why would knowledge transfer from one part of organization to another. I know knowledge transfer basically means, give all your knowledge to new employees so that they learn even when you retire or leave the job. But what does it means here in this case? I don't get that tbh.
I understand it helps for future users as does other normal knowledge transfer.

How does knowledge transfer CREATE knowledge? I guess by giving others knowledge.

How does it ORGANIZE knowledge? Isn't that knowledge representation block to do this thing(btw I am studying steps in expert system development which are knowledge acquisition, representation, inference, transfer)

How does it capture knowledge? I don't know..

I understand it distribute knowledge.

Anyone can help me here to understand this?

Passing on knowledge means others can build on that, rather than every individual being limited to what they can learn & discover by themselves.

That's what allowed humans to get past the hunter/scavenger level and create the civilisation and technology we have.

We just happen to be the first species to develop a complex enough language to allow that.

Passing on knowledge means others can build on that, rather than every individual being limited to what they can learn & discover by themselves.

That's what allowed humans to get past the hunter/scavenger level and create the civilisation and technology we have.

We just happen to be the first species to develop a complex enough language to allow that.
I understand the concept of knowledge transfer but what I don't understand is how it is applied in expert system?

My AI is on the stale side but I did a fair bit with expert systems so I will try to help.

"First question is why would knowledge transfer from one part of organization to another."
Design engineers need to transfer knowledge regarding their designs to manufacturing.
In an expert system knowledge may need to be transferred between subsystems.

"How does knowledge transfer CREATE knowledge?"
Combining knowledge from more then one source can create new knowledge.
We often call this a conclusion.

"How does it ORGANIZE knowledge? "
By it I am assuming you mean the expert system.
One can be quite ordinary and organize it into tables, structures, and even data bases.
Or you can get fancy like Marvin Minsky's FRL AI language which organizes data in conjunction with associated code into frames. The data is stored in slots with associated trigger code. Fun stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back