Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What happened....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExCeL1678

Hey, I bought an antec SOHO case, it came with a 400 watt power supply, ive been runnin on it for a few weeks. i started my computer up, it went to the log in screen, and all of a sudden i heard some wierd noise, i looked at the back of my computer i could see light flashing in my power supply and it smelled horrible.. I took my power supply out, nothing else looked charred, no black connectors, no melted connectors. Everything looks ok but i have no spare power supplies, all the rest are dells. The guy from antec says they have a proctection system built in and rarely anything is damaged, but from the way things sound... You guys think everything else is safe, and what happened? :oops:

Everything else should be ok.. I have seen the problem loads of time, normally from morons flicking thier psu fromn 230V to 115V :roll:

Probably the capacitors blew, so nothing should have touched the mainboard, aslong as it was a decent psu mind.

ExCeL1678 said:
Thanks for replying, although i dont flicker my PSU :). well the RMA is in the mail.

I have that tower and power supply, works great. Anyways, power supplies have built in protection, so if it was something inside that blew, the rest of your computer should be fine. Happens often... exspecially on those crappy emachines. Nothing much to worry about at this point, should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back