Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What feild of engineering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not gonna avoid the psychology, history, etc. classes no matter where you go. For accredited colleges they are required for all majors. For my last semester I took History of Roman Civilization, and that was actually interesting. But the rest were crap. For one class I ended up with an Indian prof. who learned English in Germany! Woa what a messed up accent he had...

I took EE. The nice thing is when you take EE you are only a few classes away from a math minor, and a few away from CE.

Math minor, eh? hmm.... :)

Maybe i will go for EE. That way i won't be too far from other opportunities.

[off topic]

yay! my 2000th post! :)

[/off topic]

Nigel Goodwin said:
Similar here as well, taxing companies to death, most manufacturing has now moved from the UK to places with better tax structures.

The tax which caused most to move was a 'so called', energy efficiency tax - playing on the 'green bandwagon' - but simply taxing companies on the energy they used. No problem, sack all the UK workers and move to Lithuania or China!.

How do you feel about that? Honest, no side jokes or anything.

quixotron said:
Well freedom/liberty/luxury costs money!!! Can't have both!

You do not get it.

Actually we could have both with better government ! We may have neither if this is not corrected soon.

All taxes come back to people. The elected officials do not want to ask people to pay taxes directly because it would lessen their chances for re-election.

Instead they tax the employers/companies who simply leave. The cowards are costing us our jobs and the country(s).

Taxes have something to do with it, but the main reason is the cheapness of labor over in China, India and elsewhere.

3v0 said:
You do not get it.

Actually we could have both with better government ! We may have neither if this is not corrected soon.

All taxes come back to people. The elected officials do not want to ask people to pay taxes directly because it would lessen their chances for re-election.

Instead they tax the employers/companies who simply leave. The cowards are costing us our jobs and the country(s).

BULL$i+!!!!!!!!

I asked an Indiana woman/co-worker, "what do you guys do for the poor and elderly?" she responded, "nothing, they either starve or are forced to steal." In america, we care for our own, even if they are garbage. Social welfare programs account for 9%(I think its more) of our hard earned tax money.

9% is a big $%^&ing chunk of our budget. Down the drain, becoz we play mr nice guy!

The solution as McCain put it so elegantly, is to lower taxes, stop big government and cut spending-welfare and other useless programs.

Hispanics(largest illegal immigrants) cost us tens of billions of dollars in finding them and shipping them back. They cost us another tens of billions of dollars in lost jobs and logistics problems. Look i feel for them to have a better life, but d@mn, they're sucking us dry! they are already taking away our jobs becoz they have no laws and its helluva lot cheaper to build in mexico for example, what more do they want? the only reason they can't have my job is that because I am one of the very few educated and experienced american engineers to do it and corporations can't hire the chinese and indians for military/defense projects.

I don't see any $%^&ing money of MY OWN! The only thing I SEE is me paying $%^&ing taxes/fees on every god#$%^ thing I OWN! I'm sick of it!

the indian people don't have to live with welfare, they just let their people die. likewise in china, their are very few environmental regulations-chinese folks destroy electronics containing harmful metals in the open neighborhoods or money and not get into trouble, in america, we can't do that-the epa will hang us by the b@ll$ and fine the hell out of the companies. so companies leave where their are few restricting laws and almost no taxes and uber cheap labor.

So clearly, we can't have our cake and eat it to. Something has got to give. You all should know: Energy conservation theorem.

Ups man I think you forget to mention military budget that also comes from people taxes and is often wasted to some project that never ends! Am I right? I think you should know, you work for military!?

quixotron:

Either you do not understand or you did not read what I wrote.
Let me break it down.

Money is required by the goverment.

In the end all taxes are passed on to the consumer. We do not see them becase it is rolled into the price of what we buy.

quixotron said:
I don't see any $%^&ing money of MY OWN! The only thing I SEE is me paying $%^&ing taxes/fees on every god#$%^ thing I OWN! I'm sick of it!

It is clear that you will not vote for any elected offical who wants to raise your taxes. The same holds for a few million other people.

So the elected dudes tax companies that make things. The people we work for. These companies move operations overseas.

Now I am not saying this is the only problem. But it is a major factor in why so many buisnesses have moved overseas. Add to that regulation to the point of stupidity, wages etc and it becomes very unattractive to do buisness in most any non-third world country.

But my point is that if we only taxed the end consumer it would help us keep our jobs. Unlike our employers we can not as easily jump ship.

3v0 said:
quixotron:

Either you do not understand or you did not read what I wrote.
Let me break it down.

Money is required by the goverment.

In the end all taxes are passed on to the consumer. We do not see them becase it is rolled into the price of what we buy.

It is clear that you will not vote for any elected offical who wants to raise your taxes. The same holds for a few million other people.

So the elected dudes tax companies that make things. The people we work for. These companies move operations overseas.

Now I am not saying this is the only problem. But it is a major factor in why so many buisnesses have moved overseas. Add to that regulation to the point of stupidity, wages etc and it becomes very unattractive to do buisness in most any non-third world country.

But my point is that if we only taxed the end consumer it would help us keep our jobs. Unlike our employers we can not as easily jump ship.

Pretty soon I am going to have to move somewhere else other than the US. It used to be that 70K + was a comfortable lifestyle..now if you're an engineer making that, you're poor/struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back