Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what exactly does Program Verify Error at Program Address 0x000 mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaston

i keep getting an error when trying to program the chip saying Program Verify Error at Program Address 0x000. i read a thread on nige'l forum on this subject and what i gathered was that it is a hardware problem. is that correct?i went to hardware options and checked every button with a logic probe all the way to the zif socket. and i checked the 13 volts. could it be a bad pic? i did find some problems and had to correct them. could i have messed up the pic. is there any way to check it? i'm not sure what the message means. is it just a generic message tha means the verify failed. or is it more specific?

It's fairly self explanatory, the address 0x000 has verified differently to what you wrote to it. As 0x000 is the first memory address, it usually means the PIC isn't in programming mode.

Assuming this is a parallel port programmer?, the most common reason is a poor 13V supply, such as using a wall wart with too much ripple on it.

Seeing as how the address is 0x000 it's a good indication that your programming session didn't actually take place. Even commericial ISP programmers can appear to go through an entire programming cycle without actually doing anything, aside from the power supply possibility that Nigel mentioned it could be any number of a dozen things, incorrect programming rate for the clock settings your chip is using. No oscillator running on the chip, program protection fuses are in effect on the chip etc..

i'm using the pic16pro40. i put mt oscope on the 13volts while programming and it was rock steady with no ripple. so it basically means it didn't get programed. so it could be the pic? any ideas on what to check for? i checked all of the pins at the zif and they toggle with the programer. i don't have another pic to try and i hate to have to wait over a week to order another one. but if thats what i have to do i don't have a choice.

i tried increasing the prog delay but it didn't work. then i noticed the programmer type button at the top. i didn't see that there and didn't realize that i had to set it for inverting or non inverting buffer. i set it to the inverting and it worked. thanks for the help. i hope other beginners can learn from my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back