Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what electronic journals do you read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
What journals relating to electronics do you read or recommend? yes i could google a list or look on the system, but better to get recommendations, most the stuff I read at the moment is more chemistry/biology related and environmental science stuff.

I wont list them as I take full advantage of the access I have from the academy I goto lol, i read shed loads. I leave next year, that will be a sad day when I loose access to them.

I must confess that it's many years since I bought any electronics journal. With so much info available on the web I can't justify the expense, now that I'm living on a pension. My local public library used to take science/electronics journals, and I read those, but since the library has been 'politically-corrected' the science section has been largely replaced by shelf after shelf of various ethnic minority interest literature :rolleyes:.

I heard that long ago most towns had a building called a library, apparently they used to store nothing but books on rows and rows of shelves!! Imagine that!! being able to read a book for free or without the need to buy it!!

Reading from a screen is a bit meah, I love reading real books, papers i prefer in pdf oddly. I did subscribe to everyday electronics, but it seemed to go right down hill, 5 years ago you could junk build, now it seems they mainly try to sell kits to you.

Like alec_t, I no longer take any of the industry rags. Back when I did (25+ years ago), I subscribed to EDN and Electronic Design; but once the major semiconductor houses started going online with data sheets, app notes and white papers, I dropped them since compared to what's available on the Internet, the magazines offered too little information for too much money.

LG if you also include 'magazines' then over the years subscribed and bought lots, my favourite for many years was the 'Maplin' Electronics , how times have changed, even 'Elektor' has joined the kits and 'xxx/unio' band wagon not even had a look at their web site for a long time ( they still send me "last chance offers" ). I got the bug from the 'junk' builds , we even had shops locally you could go and buy a transistor !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back