Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do you do for a Job? I'm an...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read a post by alphacat, asking which direction to take his career at the moment..

Got me thinking about my time working at Subway.
I had been there 2 years (part time while at school) and high school was almost finishing.
This one day I just got curious to know what every stranger that walked through the door did for a living.
But I never asked.

Im an apprentice electrician and have about 20 months to go.
Thing is, I do not want to be doing it all my life. I will finish becuase it is something i can fall back on it isn't the worst thing in the world.

But I want to go into something more than just running cable, putting up lights and fitting off power points.

Electronics is something is want to be doing.
Something like designing simple circuits they put in toys, Designing OR producing PCB's. assembling PCB's. Teaching electronics. Opening a electronics store (components... not lap tops and tv's lol)

Anyways, have to finish the app first....

so, What do you do for a job?

ASIC being application-specific integrated circuit?

Thats awesome.
Well. It sounds pretty interesting.

Is it interesting?
Or should i say was it interesting?

What quals did you need for that?

It was interesting work. In Asics, you use Hardware Descriptive Languages to design. There are kind of like programming languages. You use them to specify the logic functions. I'd rather get back to volts, amps and ohms though.

Hey Jakes, just a personal request, hyperlink banners to your own sites are fine and all, but I don't suppose you could pick something a little less obnoxiously large? Your banner takes up more space than your entire last post.

Hey Jakes, just a personal request, hyperlink banners to your own sites are fine and all, but I don't suppose you could pick something a little less obnoxiously large? Your banner takes up more space than your entire last post.

One can ask any cat any question alas puss will only take a message and get back to you!

I am an engineer with hundreds of products in production. Recently I have not had enough work. One day I will be designing electronics and the next day doing carpentry or what ever it takes to pay the rent.

Engineer a way to make products cheaper in the States, you'll make billions =)
I just started work at a CNC shop in their VERY, limited finishing department, been unemployed for nearly a year, spent the 10 years before that at a plating shop. It's a change of gears for me but I'm happy and paying bills now, trying to make connections and get work done, just hope it goes somewhere, I'd love to work my way into the CNC department or even the bulk work in their Davenport department, but leaning much more toward CNC. Finding it's very important who you know. I got in my current place of employment by knowing the shipping supervisor (which is where the finish area is located at) nice thing is I know the QC supervisor pretty well too because I dealt with their QC/shipping quiet extensively through my work at the plating shop.

Has anybody an idea what a "global dilettant" is?

I'm one and I'm very happy with it.

Boncuk

For many years, I was a retreaded chemist. Now, I am completely retired.

John

I design and build teaching and research devices (electronic and mechanical) for the Science Division (Physics/Astronomy, Chemistry, Geology, Psychology, Biology, Environmental Studies, and Math/Computer Sci.) at a small Midwestern college. I also teach students involved in research or Honors Projects how to build their own equipment.

They pay me to play! :)

Ken

I'm a unix/db admin with some coding thrown in there. I do electronics as a hobby and am frequently amazed from sitting at the feet of the masters.

Now 65% or original size.
I think I like it better now.

Anyway some pretty interesting Job's.
If it was possible, would anyone switch jobs with someone for a month?
Just to mix it up a little bit? Make life (well work anyway) a little more interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back