Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what cool electronic gift did santa get you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
i had a great xmas, i got a new realy realy cool ESR/LCR meter as i am interestead in inductive coupling and inductors, and because i came top in my year for tech at school i got a special present! my very own secondhand HP logic analyzer!! it's utterly the best present ever! it sleeps under my bed with my new meter! wich even has kevin clips!!

Well, not so much for me, but for my 94 year old Mom. Santa gave her a Kindle Fire HD (16G). Something to Skype with.

First, understand that the last "electronic" device she would be familiar with would have been an IBM Selectric typewriter (ask your Dad...:p)

Now I have the marvelous opportunity to help her figure out not just what it does, but how to use it (all this by phone, she's in Minnesota) .

It has been not easy, thus far.

I did, however, have a "break-through" moment with her the other day when, by using a "wipe a booger off the end of your finger" example description of "swipping" the unlock symbol of the login screen, she then immediately understood the motion needed to get the stupid thing open.

A hallelujah moment. And many more to come.

Last edited:
Me? Nothing remotely electronic. However we did get a Kindle Fire for the one 8 year old granddaughter and a TV for the grandson. :)

Ron

I didn't really get anything electronic, though I did get a few gift cards that I'm using to purchase a new camera.

I also purchased a DAKA Pinclock, originally $65, for $2.50 at a thrift store. It doesn't quite work, but after a little tinkering I hope to have it up and running again! Right now it's just one segment that's messed up. The clock looks like this:

pinclock.jpg

I also got an HP DV2500 a little while ago (not technically for Christmas) with a non-operational display. I think I'll just end up buying a new motherboard for it.

Lastly, I received a book from my brother titled "Dreaming in Code". It's the true story of Mitch Kapor (creator of Lotus 1-2-3) and his team and how they set out to create software to rival Microsoft Outlook. I haven't been able to start reading it yet, but the story is written in the form of the novel. I look forward to reading it as soon as I finish the book I'm currently reading.

I don't believe I bought anything electronic for anyone either, except a USB cable for my sister's camera. Ever since she got it, she's been unable to get the photos off without using someone else's computer that has a Pro Duo memory card slot. I got to see her this Christmas and I ordered one online for her.

That's about the extent of my Christmas! :D

Best wishes to the New Year, everyone!
Regards,
Matt

Hi Ian and a happy New Year to you and your Family....

As above question.....strange looking parts there. They look like big tubes. Really big ones...;)

And labelled too as per Vintage :p

Stay well buddy
tv tech

Hi Ian and a happy New Year to you and your Family....

As above question.....strange looking parts there. They look like big tubes. Really big ones...;)

And labelled too as per Vintage :p

Stay well buddy
tv tech

Thanks!! You too...

Hey Matt

Good to see you are here. My Tesla mate.

Hope you achieve big time this 2013 year. One of the kindest and well mannered people I have had the pleasure of meeting on the crazy WWW.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Hey Matt

Good to see you are here. My Tesla mate.

Hope you achieve big time this 2013 year. One of the kindest and well mannered people I have had the pleasure of meeting on the crazy WWW.

Regards,
tvtech

Thanks tvtech. The pleasure is all mine!

This is a great site to meet new people with similar interests. I look forward to many more years of membership here!

Regards

OWON SDS7102 for me.

Funny thing is that when Spanish is selected, one menu from all of them comes in Polish. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back