Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What compiler to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you might have to make your own driver. I'm not to sure if the Maestro software includes another lcd module for KS006x driver.

If you search around, you might find that someone wrote a driver for it already, and maybe with some slight mods, you can use it or use it as a template to formulate your own.

Ok ty Nigel

I have choisen to work with MC C18 and are woundering if this code for the LCD is too much

Code:
//PORT initialization  
#ifdef  XLCD_8BIT                           //8-bit mode, use whole port
    XLCD_DATAPORT_TRIS  = 0x00;             //make DATAPORT output
    XLCD_DATAPORT = 0;
#endif                       

#ifdef  XLCD_4BIT                           //4bit mode
    #ifdef XLCD_UPPER                       //Upper 4-bits of the DATAPORT output
    XLCD_DATAPORT_TRIS  &= 0x0f;
    XLCD_DATAPORT &= 0x0f;
    #else                                   //Lower 4-bits of the DATAPORT output
    XLCD_DATAPORT_TRIS  &= 0xf0;
    XLCD_DATAPORT &= 0xf0;
    #endif
#endif
//end of data port initialization

It initializes both upper and lower in 4 bit mode and 8 bit mode can I simply remove the parts i dont need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back