Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What can you do with your old PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

My PC went faulty, and I have few spares such as the Processor, Power Supply and RAM, etc.,

What can I do with it? I know I may well use them to build a new CPU. But, any other ideas or your experience in this..?!!

It fully depends on what particular component went faulty.

I have had self built 3 computers where the capacitors on the main bard went bad, and I was able to give it new life by several years - two of those are still in working order.

Also - some years ago I was tired of dropping support for windows (often equals trashing fully working hardware because windows cannot run on that) so I simply ditched Windows, switched to Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back