Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are software and hardware requirements for a embedded system mounted on a rifle scope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jani12

What are software and hardware requirements for a embedded system mounted on a rifle scope?

I need to specify detailed image processing and graphics overlay requirements for state of the art rifle scope? I'm looking to specify the entire pipeline starting from image sensor to display. The specification needs to be comprehensive. It'll be used to select resources such as Integrated circuits, knobs, buttons, memory, etc.. The specification will also drive detailed design document and will be used to validate the final product.

Image sensor needs to be monochrome, with sufficient resolution, high dynamic range. I also need to specify image sensor calibration but what is the need to calibrate image sensor? How calibration works in a typical image sensor from BAE Systems?

The specification should include Reset Initialization specification, Normal Operation Specification, and Fault Operation specification.

That is a lot of work. While we are writing a 50 page paper you will be on a beach drinking a cocktail. ??
The specification needs to be comprehensive.
Comprehensive? I don't know what you want. Electronics on a scope. ??
Do you want the "sensor" to identify a good guy verses a bad guy and kill one type only?
image sensor calibration but what is the need to calibrate image sensor
I did something like this. Calibration was simple. Make the bullet hit where the cross hares are. & Make a way to measure distance.

The image sensor is infrared. The application is hunting.

Yes, there is electronics on a scope. Infrared image sensor will capture set of images. After Analog to Digital conversion and quantization, there will be a pixel array. What are typical requirements for image processing this pixel array and displaying it.

I say comprehensive because I need to create technical specification for entire pipeline from image sensor to display.

1) cpu
2) lcd
2.5) power supply
3)hud transparency optics
4) plus sensors and buttons and other bells you want in it

Data sheet is proprietary. It's a thermal image sensor with resistive pixels. I may ask more questions about sensor with this technology.

I don't know what you want to do.
I have done projects where we added crosshairs to video coming from the camera.
1552014793265.png

There were a number of different types to select from.
Also N.S.E.W. directions, and distance was in the corner of the display.
The computer also compensated for bullet drop with distance.

The most dangerous game.

I don't know - I don't think it is always "the most dangerous game". It doesn't look so dangerous when well-armed soldiers are pointing their auto-aiming rifles at unarmed people.
Obviously, I mean "not dangerous" for the soldier.

Who are we helping here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back