Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Went to the Wife's company Christmas party and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
****-chat is always offtopic, or more generally speaking not actually related to electronics directly.

I have been looking around and was wondering about how the chating area worked.
The header for ****-chat states:
Relax for a bit and have a general conversation (off topic is allowed!) with other members. Please be polite and respect your fellow members.
So you can post pretty much anything in ****-chat within reason. It doesn't have to be about electronics.
Welcome to the Forums Dr. Evil! :)

Thanks I think. I 've been reading and looking around for a few days here. One co worker mentioned it. Its interesting. So I figured I would sign on and have a look around and make myself known.

By the way I really do look a bit like Dr evil. Not quite that bald yet, but close. :(

Would this be more or less of a nonsense post then posting a thread on the current Food network chick you think is hot?
Huh? Who would that be? Many months back there was a thread that I responded to with a photo of Giada DeLaurentis or do you have me confused with someone else more recent?
For that matter, posting a picture of good looking food network hostess is certainly more acceptable than of someone's child crawling out of a phalic choo-choo according to your interpretation of it. BTW, did you receive parental permission before posting their child on the internet? I bet they'd be real pi$$ed if they knew of your caper!:eek:

For that matter, posting a picture of good looking food network hostess is certainly more acceptable than of someone's child crawling out of a phalic choo-choo according to your interpretation of it.

This thread is perfectly acceptable. If it wasn't, it would have been removed by site management.

I'm well aware of that. The question posed by DirtyLude is what's more senseless, my reply to a thread/photo of a good looking female chef or his peculiar posting.

I think DirtyLube was responding to something that make the least sense of all: self-appointed thread police whining about his thread, which he put up for our amusement. What's funny is always subjective. Personally, I think it's hilarious.

Last edited:
Self-appointed thread police? LMAO! :p

I merely agreed with and expanded on Sceadwian's comments.

I'm well aware of that. The question posed by DirtyLude is what's more senseless, my reply to a thread/photo of a good looking female chef or his peculiar posting.

You didn't reply to anything, you made a new thread.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/suddenly-i-like-english-muffins.32502/

I think it's equally nonsensical. I agree, it's fairly childish there is plenty here that find the humour in it.

BTW, did you receive parental permission before posting their child on the internet? I bet they'd be real pi$$ed if they knew of your caper!:eek:

There's certainly no legal issue with it and considering the child is mostly obscured and fairly unrecognizable I'm not certain how it's an issue.

Main Entry: lude
Pronunciation: \ˈlüd\
Function: noun
Etymology: short for Quaalude, a proprietary name for methaqualone
Date: 1973
: a pill of methaqualone —usually used in plural

YouTube - Ludes

:)

^ I`ve used this name for years and I never even thought of that. It seems so obvious now.

The Homer Simpson Avatar really suggests the lewd double entendre =)

Neither would I, just thought it was funny when you looked at everything at once with laughing glasses on =)

Agreed, if you ignore the original post, referencing a phallic symbol involving children, disregard the name inferences such as dirty and lewd or lude. Compile that with an iconic symbol of hedonistic, deprave behavior, I would never give it a second thought.

Just kidding :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back