Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Welding machine switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

psecody

So I was looking for some electronics projects to build and I came upon a thing talking about making a small ac welder with the transformers out of microwaves so I thought I would give it a try. I mentioned this to my dad (who is a welder) and he told me he had this little crappy welder that someone had given him about 10 years ago and that I could have it for parts. I took it apart to clean it and see what I could use from it and it turns out its exactly the same thing that I was going to build only it used one big transformer. So I decided I would get it running and tweak it. The main thing wrong with it right now is the on off toggle switch that was on it was broken so I was going to put another one on there but the switch is rated 10A @ 250V and 20A @ 120V and I can't find a switch anywhere that has these specs. All the switches I find are either something like 10A@250V & 15A@120V or they're like 20A@120V & 6A@250V.

So my question is since the welder plugs into 120AC would it be better to look for a switch thats rated for 10A@250V or one for 20A@120V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back