Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WEIGHT METER WITH THE VEHICLE IN MOVEMENT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilcabmon

WEIGHT METER WITH THE VEHICLE IN MOVEMENT?

hi.

someone knows about this theme??
I am looking for about this theme because it is my final project at the
university, and I don´t have any information yet.

the vehicles: automobiles, trucks, motorcycles, etc.

if someone has any information. please, contact me.

PD: SORRY BY MY POOR ENGLISH and sorry by my error because I put "height" before.

GRETTINGS FROM COLOMBIA.

Please, Please, Please, be more specific: What vehicle, a rocket, an automobile, a submarine? What height: height above ground, altitude above sea level, distance from ground to top of vehicle?

OK, so you want to know the weight of a vehicle as it travels in a straight track, on a level surface. How long is your weight scale, and how fast is the vehicle traveling? How accurate does the weight measurment have to be?

Hi Mr. Russel.

Happy new year to you. Sorry for the delay in my answer. I was in vacation outside my
city. thank you for your reply.

yes. The vehicles travel in a straight track like, for example, a interstate highway.
the weight scale is since little trucks (2 axis) to big trucks (3,6 or more axis)
like , for example, cane trucks, trailer of 30 ton,.....

the weight scale contains weights since 2 ton to 40 ton because I live in a sugar producer region.
In addition, my region is near of a seaport.

In Colombia, there is not this weighing system. there are a weighing stations but
the vehicle must stop at station.

the other problem is the university has not a truck for the project because keep
the truck without working is very costly.
for this reason my project´s director thinks that the project can be modeling doing
a prototype. the prototype must contain a proportion of concrete mixing that let
doing a simulation of the highway´s pavement. We want obtain a small research prototype
using less weight and other concrete mixing. but we don´t know if it is possible but
it can be tried through the investigation. We wait to obtain the same characteristic
curves (voltage vs speed , voltage vs weight, .....) as the real system.

meanhile I am searching through the Internet the real system curves, the weighing sensors used for
this system, etc, all the information possible about the in-motion weighing.

see you later. sorry for my english but if there is anything that you don´t understand me then ask me again.

bye.

I see the picture: You have a section of highway that is the weight scale. If there is an operator who can push start and stop buttons, each axle could be weighed then added up. That would be easier and less expensive than building a 50 meter section to hold the entire truck and then have the problem that two small trucks might be on the scale at the same time. If the scale causes a bump, it has to stop oscillating before the wheel is off the scale, so some hydraulic damping will be needed. A steel beam and strain guages would be one measurement method, or hydraulic cylinder and pressure gauge is another. How far have you progressed with the simulation?

Hello. engineer Russell.

the weighing method that you describe me is the method used in my region.
The teacher and me want to change it by the in-motion weighing method because it is
more modern.

I know that this weighing system is sold from the industrialized countries like USA, Germany,...
but it is very expensive. then we want to design a similar system with economic materials.
see you later. bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back