Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

weight differentiation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilardino

i need to differentiate 3 different weights of the objects. load cell is expensive. I have tried strain gauge but it is not stable. Any solution? thanks.

What are the weights, what type of output do you need, any limitations on the type of parts you can use?

the weight can be for example 10g, 20g, 30g (small objects). The purpose is just to differentiate 3 different weights. So i need a kind of sensor to use. first my robot will grab or lift the object then differentiate what type of the object. I got try strain gauge. The resistance of strain gauge will change if any strain or object applied to it. Then i can measure the voltage. But strain gauge result gave me unstable output.

The output can be resistance changes, voltage changes or anything so that i can connect it to my microcontroller

Strain gauges usually work well. What type of strain gauge is it and what is the circuit you are using to read it's resistance?

aluminium type strain gauge 120ohm. The strain gauge is used as resistance in wheatstone bridge. Any changes in resistance will cause changes in output voltage of the wheatstone bridge.

I test it by attaching the strain gauge to any bend materials. So i bend it, the resistance changes gave me 121, 123, 140, 170 ohm. Sometimes, in the same bending angle, the resistances i got are different.

so i wanna try another method to differentiate the weight...Or do u know, how to implement strain gauge to get accurate resistance changes??
Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back