WE have a new pope!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[MODNOTE]Deleted[/MODNOTE]

I'll put it this way: religion is a cancer for the human mind.

Oh and I beleive in God. Just couldn't care less about those man-made churches/religions of sin and murder.

Last edited by a moderator:
@dougy83

Here are excerpts from your Wikipedia link:

The vast majority or organized Christian and Catholic entities opposed the legislation to which you refer as an example of the church's horrendous views. It is patently unfair to hold the the Catholic church responsible for the views of an isolated minority. The real perpetrators were African politicians playing to their constituents for votes based on deep-seated African traditions. If any religion had anything to do with such state-sanctioned persecution of gays and lesbians, it was Islam.

The rest of your text trying to show that Catholic opposition to birth control contributed to the AIDS/HIV epidemic is completely without logic.

Early on, AIDS in non-African nations was limited almost exclusively to the gay male and sex worker communities. To suggest that the reason those groups did not use condoms, thus facilitating spread of the disease, was because of their belief in Roman Catholicism is simply not credible.

John

The real perpetrators were African politicians playing to their constituents for votes based on deep-seated African traditions.
Well of course it is the politicians trying to pass the bill; but it is the revered pastor who is telling people what to think.

The rest of your text trying to show that Catholic opposition to birth control contributed to the AIDS/HIV epidemic is completely without logic.
Actually, the rest of the text addresses your assertions such as:
* you stated that predominantly Islamic countries are the most impoverised -- they clearly are not, as shown in above data (the top 8 poverty rates are in countries with Islamic minority)
* you stated that predominantly Islamic countries are the most rampant w/ AIDS -- they clearly are not, as shown in above data (at least the top 6 poverty rates are in countries with Islamic minority)

Who suggested that? I stated that I believe the Catholic church is being irresponsible by continuing to promote unsafe or impracticable practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…