Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

We all need a low cost Logic Analyser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonka

Has anyone tried this: A logic analyzer using the PC's parallel port.
which makes use of the PC's LPT1 port. I have it on Win95 but can't get it to run, however it seems popular amongst the Linux users.

Seemingly, a version of that is the "The Fabulous Logic Analyzer" - again popular amongst the Linux users.

Anyone tried these on Win 95/98?? (there are versions for Win95/98)

are you sure?

But that giveio.sys is for Win2000/ME according to the texts. Anyway I've given it a try on Win95 which stops with the message "Can't connect to service control manager" which I assume is a section of the administrator rights.

I've also run the prnt5upd.exe which seems to install correctly but still no success.

But that giveio.sys is for Win2000/ME according to the texts. Anyway I've given it a try on Win95 which stops with the message "Can't connect to service control manager" which I assume is a section of the administrator rights.

I've also run the prnt5upd.exe which seems to install correctly but still no success.

hi,
Unzip this simple test program, written using VB5, run the *.exe file.

The DLL's are in the zip, which I understand you have already loaded to the Win\Sys folder.

Lets know what you find.:)

Attachments

• ParTest1.zip
    41.1 KB · Views: 193
I forgot 95/98 could directly use the parallel port.
In that case make sure any DLL's that were supplied/required with the software are in the directory the program is run from. You might be able to put them in your system directory, but considering bad coding habits I would make sure they're available in the directory the program was run from. It's far too frequent for sloppy coders to put implicit directory calls for a DLL that should be in the path statement.

hi, Unzip this simple test program, written using VB5, run the *.exe file.
The DLL's are in the zip, which I understand you have already loaded to the Win\Sys folder.

Lets know what you find.:)

Thanks for that little port tester applet, it's cute! it works for me, I can toggle the various data lines on my LPT1 port so we are making progress.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back