Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wax paper for wrapping windings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgwtfbyobbq

I was setting up an evaporative cooler and I'm fairly sure my buddy got some water in the motor since it smoked and wouldn't turn while humming. After I opened it up and cleaned it out it seems to work fine, however, I was wondering if the waxy paper stuff and string used was application specific (heat tolerance?) or if I could just secure the wires with zip ties or similar? Thanks in advance!

That is kind of a vague question. Zip ties are a consideration. Hot melt glue is another. John

Your transformer is likely to be rated higher than 40°C. I would consider a higher melting wax -- they come in all temperatures up to several hundred degrees centigrade. Check the temp rating on your, or on similar transformers to decide what you need. John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back